Anime Dimensions
Welcome to Anime Dimensions! Serving all of your ultimate anime needs. We know about, and see anime's all day, all the time 24/7. We love role playing, discussing different Anime's, Cosplay's, and Video Games. If you share our same interests, join now! we are always active! Still not a member? don't believe we are? Become a member! Stop stalking as a guest and create a character already! and see for your self the fun! xD -John was here. Long live John! xD
PS. What are you still doing here reading this? Go make an account!

└───────────────────────────┐
........................................................▼......................................................
Anime Dimensions
Welcome to Anime Dimensions! Serving all of your ultimate anime needs. We know about, and see anime's all day, all the time 24/7. We love role playing, discussing different Anime's, Cosplay's, and Video Games. If you share our same interests, join now! we are always active! Still not a member? don't believe we are? Become a member! Stop stalking as a guest and create a character already! and see for your self the fun! xD -John was here. Long live John! xD
PS. What are you still doing here reading this? Go make an account!

└───────────────────────────┐
........................................................▼......................................................
Anime Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of anime has cracked and split up! Now once again all the dimensions have come together as one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Anime being use now Naruto,Seven Deadly Sins,My Hero Academia and One Piece. The color will be change soon I'll have someone do it. Check the news off updates.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 369 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:27 pm
Latest topics
» Animedimensions News
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 am by Quake

» The return of Connor
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 2:58 am by Blue Haze

» Nagato
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 4:59 am by Zero

» Mirio Togata
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 2:50 am by Zero

» Shoto Todoroki
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm by Zero

» Sasuke Uchiha
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 6:42 pm by Dark Sky Dragon

» Enel
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 12:30 am by Zero

» Roronoa zoro
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:14 pm by Zero

» Vegeta
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm by Zero

» Goku (up for grabs)
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:03 pm by Zero

» Bad news
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 pm by Yomi

» Second day of school
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 am by Sleeping Slave

» School of warriors information
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 am by Rays

» Camelot Kings and Knights
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 5:33 pm by Softy

» Nefertari Vivi
Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 5:57 pm by Order

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Talk about the plot
A friendly visit
Thanksgiving party a party for animedimensions all members invited
Second day of school
Akatsuki
Journey to Asgard
The first day of school
Thanksgiving party
Training a young swordsman
The Gotei 13
Most Viewed Topics
Talk about the plot
Nico Robin
Vegeta
Natsu Dragneel
Kakashi Hatake
Broly
Erza Scarlet
Athena saints
Yoh Asakura
Gildarts Clive
Top posters
Kratos (1259)
Monkey D Luffy I_vote_lcapMonkey D Luffy I_voting_barMonkey D Luffy I_vote_rcap 
Reveck (949)
Dark Sky Dragon (947)
Ice Dragon (912)
musiclover10x10 (870)
John Is God (565)
Blaze Heart (556)
Uncrowned (547)
Izutsu (518)
Sky King (456)
Top posting users this month
Red Flame
Queen
Quake
Yomi
Thea
Lax Lightning
Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates
</td

Monkey D Luffy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

Money : 14278

Experience
Exp:
Monkey D Luffy Left_bar_bleue0/0Monkey D Luffy Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Anime point: 0
Lvl: 5

Monkey D Luffy Empty
PostSubject: Monkey D Luffy   Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Name:Monkey D Luffy
Nickname:Straw Hat Luffy,Straw Hat

Appearance:
Monkey D Luffy 764427354

Personality:Luffy's two dominant traits are his apparent lack of intelligence and his utter fearlessness.[6] Luffy can easily be amazed by the simplest things, such as hermit crabs, and can be confused by concepts such as that by digging a hole right next to another he may be unintentionally filling the other hole. He likes monsters and will ask weird creatures to join his crew (as seen in the Thriller Bark arc, asking a talking tree to join his crew). He also has no knowledge of medicine, when Nami had a high fever he told her to eat cold food and later tried to make Zoro better (after battling Kuma) by pouring sake onto him because Zoro likes sake. When attempting to think up a plan to get off of Amazon Lily, while he managed to make some logical sense of where to look, he is seen to strain himself and notes that he is going to feel sick from too much thinking.[7]
His simple mind actually saved him against Hancock's powers because he mistook it for a 'Noro Noro Beam', used by Foxy, which brought out a fear of being slowed down (though it is shown later he is simply immune to her powers, because of his pure heart).[8] If Luffy finds something he doesn't understand, even if someone explained in detail, he calls it a "mystery thing"; like calling dance powder a "mystery powder". One of Luffy's running gags is asking "non-humans" such as Keimi and Brook if they can poop, in which case the answer is usually a yes. Another running gag is Luffy's slow reaction time, especially to snow and freezing temperatures.

The same can't be said when he's on the field of battle, though; he has been known to dodge bullets with ease. It has been stated more than once that Luffy's instinct and behavior is similar to that of a wild animals, like when he knows who he has to fight before he even gets to the battle. Even how he fights shows this, when he relies on his instincts and countering attacks. This compliments the way he views the world. He is most often seen smiling, except in a fight where he is forced to use all his power (and sometimes even then). Luffy also seems to rarely change personality wise. Because he views the world in a straightforward and simple manner, he occasionally is the only person who can see past events that have taken place and realize the true goal, yet at other times he can fall into the simplest of traps.

He is, however, a genius when it comes to fighting, such as when he figured out how to defeat Crocodile's Devil Fruit power on the verge of death, how to use Soru from sight, developed a number of effective counters to Enel's "Mantra" ability and, most recently, learning everything Rayleigh had to teach him about Haki in a year and a half (even though Rayleigh mentioned that two years were too short a time to learn about Haki). He does have a habit of holding a grudge even in dire situations (such as calling Franky a "bastard" in the middle of his fight with Rob Lucci causing Franky to retort "Now's not the time to be mad at me" and refusing to let Crocodile help him escape Impel Down even when there was no alternative). However he tries not to hurt civilians and people he likes, even if they intend to do harm to him, preferring to run from them than fight.

Luffy's simple attitude and naïve comments during fights are often mistaken by his opponents as poking fun at them. Due to this fact many of his opponents lose their cool and charge at him in anger. While he is goofy and reckless, he gets quite serious when anyone is in serious danger, notably his crew, whom he considers his nakama. Luffy also has the tendency to unwittingly poke fun at an opponent's most sensitive trait, like calling Buggy "big nose", Alvida "the fat lady", and Kureha "old hag". In many cases, the opponents fail to understand whether Luffy is serious or just playing during fights due to his bizarre actions like drinking too much water in his fight with Crocodile or punching out Arlong's teeth and using it as a weapon to bite him. Luffy, however, has maintained that he is always serious during fights. In most cases, once he starts to fight he maintains a serious attitude and is only seen laughing once he defeats the enemy or is certain the enemy will be defeated, like in Buggy's case when he laughed before sending Buggy flying in the air.

In battle, Luffy has shown signs of intelligence, high tactical and innovative skills. He can easily adapt to hindering situations such as Mr. 3's Candle Lock or Enel's Gloam Paddling into an attack. He also used a mirror to reflect Foxy's Noro Noro Beam attack. During the Marineford Arc, Mihawk mentions that Luffy seems unusually clear-headed by avoiding Mihawk's attacks. Additionally, during his battle against Mihawk, he uses Buggy as a scapegoat shield to help protect him and move forward towards Ace. Luffy also has a habit of saying things with a lot more weight and (occasionally) wisdom than he realizes without even thinking or meaning to.

The one thing that Luffy does not allow is when someone or something gets involved in another person's fight. At these times Luffy shows both remarkable restraint during the battles, and rage when something or someone outside the battle is involved, especially if it's a person he considers a friend. Luffy showed this early in the series when Zoro fought Mihawk, and managed to hold himself (and Johnny and Yosaku) back till Zoro was defeated. Since then he has shown it several times, like when Baroque Works sabotaged the giants' duel on Little Garden; when Crocodile attacked Yuba with a sandstorm in the middle of their fight; when he challenged Aokiji to a 1-on-1 fight; when he fought Lucci and insisted that Franky doesn't get involved in their battle; when the Boa sisters threatened to break the petrified form of his saviours; and when he was visibly enraged with Hody who attacked some civillians who tried to halt Noah.. He even went so far as to cover Sandersonia's back from the citizens of Kuja while it was still burning, even though they were trying to kill him, claiming it has nothing to do with their fight.

A bit of a running gag is that during battles, Luffy is almost always thrown into situations, by accident or on purpose, where he cannot fight. When he is in a situation like this, his crew members usually fight the other, weaker people associated with the main antagonist, and defeating them, so that there is no one to interrupt in Luffy's fight. Then, when all the other enemies are defeated, Luffy fights the strongest, i.e. the one that only Luffy can defeat. This happens frequently, such as him being stuck in a cage in the Buggy the Clown Arc, being put to sleep in the Captain Kuro Arc, getting stuck in a rock and being thrown underwater in the Arlong Arc, getting lost, getting seriously injured and resting, or getting stuck in a snake's stomach in the Skypiea Arc.

Luffy's personality is like that of a child's, in the sense that he tends to go to the extremes. He can either be extremely greedy, especially in cases of food, who his crew is, and adventure; or extraordinarily selfless, going so far as virtually sacrificing himself to avenge or protect his friends, crew, and family. This childish mentality of his allows him to get to the root of the problems, and allows him to figure out the most simple way of solving it.

Luffy also has an extreme thirst for adventure, which he has stated is the main reason he wants to become the Pirate King, having the belief that the Pirate King would be the one on the entire ocean with the most freedom for adventuring. This adventurous nature also makes him tend to avoid taking 'the easy way out' at times, such as when he destroyed the Eternal Pose to Alabasta given to him by Robin (Miss All-Sunday at the time), stating that he did not want an enemy to decide his destination. He also has no intention of trying to learn what or where One Piece actually is until he finds it himself, and once stated he would quit being a pirate if his crew tried to find out, not wanting to 'go on a boring adventure'.[9] Luffy never says goodbye to those he considers friends, in hopes of seeing them again.

History:Luffy was born in Foosha Village. Six years after his birth, he met a band of pirates led by a kind pirate captain named Red-Haired Shanks. Luffy befriended the band of pirates and from that moment on, wanted to become a pirate as well. Luffy stabbed himself under his left eye just to show that he was tough enough to join Shanks's crew.

Shanks holding Luffy after he accidentally ate the Gomu Gomu no Mi.
During a scene with Shanks and Higuma, a local mountain bandit that insulted Shanks and his crew, Luffy accidentally ate a Devil Fruit known as the Gomu Gomu no Mi and unwittingly turned himself into a rubber man/boy. Initially this situation affected Luffy badly as it meant he could never be able to swim again, which was a great weakness to anyone who would journey the seas. This, however, didn't deter Luffy's dream and Luffy was once again determined to become a pirate.
Later, Luffy stood up to Higuma on behalf of Shanks. He was easily defeated, however, and became a hostage. His captors were defeated by the Red-Haired Pirates, but the bandit leader Higuma had fled out to sea with Luffy.

Shanks lost his left arm saving Luffy.
While out at sea, Higuma threw Luffy in the ocean, only to be attacked by a sea king moments later while he was laughing at Luffy. Higuma was eaten, but Shanks managed to save Luffy, though the incident cost Shanks his left arm.
Shortly after, Shanks set sail along with his crew, but before leaving, he and Luffy promised each other that one day Luffy would surpass Shanks and become the Pirate King. Shanks then left Luffy his straw hat as a parting gift, telling him to return it once he surpassed him.[6]

Bounty:500,000,000

Strengths:He also appears to be intelligent enough to at least understand fundamental concepts, such as rubber being a natural insulator, which might be why he did not bother ducking out of the way of Enel's lightning attacks as it would have been pointless because of his immunity. He also was able to develop new techniques such as "Gear Second" and "Gear Third", using logical concepts and knowledge of rubber and its properties. While easily noticeable as the least strategic member of his own crew, largely due to his tendency to simply barge in head-first into battle (often without any kind of battle plan or even any knowledge of his opponent's abilities), Luffy is a highly adaptive combatant. He is constantly coming up with ways to keep ahead of his foes, either by taking advantage of his own strength and Devil Fruit powers or utilizing the opponent's own strengths (along with their weaknesses) against them. This causes even warriors long considered unbeatable to have trouble keeping up. Also, even if most of the time he acts instinctively, in some cases Luffy has shown to be intelligent enough to give some orders to his crewmates in the wake of making a strategy or simply making things go as he prefers. This usually ends up being an advantage for the crew.

After the timeskip, Luffy has demonstrated more intelligence during the heat of battle, as he was able to use Trafalgar Law's powers to his advantage and even fool a Shichibukai as cunning as Doflamingo into being swapped out so Luffy could land a blow on him.

After the timeskip, Luffy has grown immensely in power and skill. He has shown new mastery over his Gear Second and Gear Third along with his Haki, and easily destroyed a Pacifista with a single punch in conjunction with his Gear Second and Busoshoku Haki (a feat which has been shown to be amazingly difficult). Later, he defeated the Kraken with one hit from Gear Third imbued with Haki in a similar manner, and then managed to beat Vander Decken IX while tied up. Another testament to his power was shown when he defeated Hody Jones while fighting underwater for the majority of the fight, and only received one bite wound throughout the whole duration. He is strong enough to be able to destroy Noah, a ship half the size of Fishman Island, while suffering from blood loss and (as noted by the Sea Kings) would have done so if they didn't show up in time, as well as being able to defeat Don Chinjao, a pirate worth over Beli500,000,000 who once fought against Garp. He has also grown to be much more durable, as the same attack from Caesar Clown that caused heavy damage to Sanji's body did not leave any lasting injuries on Luffy. While initially stunned by the attack, he appeared completely uninjured almost immediately afterwards.[30] While the Straw Hats were on their way to Fishman Island, he showed no discomfort in the range of temperatures given, hot or cold.

Gear Third (ギア・サード Gia Sādo?) is where Luffy pumps air through his bones to make them literally gigantic. Obviously, only Luffy can do such a thing by using the Gomu Gomu no Mi. Used with his already-strong physiology, this apparently gives his arm more mass and a larger area to attack with far greater force, but he sacrifices mobility for this strength, as his limbs are now so large that Luffy has extreme trouble moving unless he is in his Fusen form.

Another after effect of this is that Luffy is reduced to child-sized proportions, the duration of which is equal to the time he spent in Gear Third. Also, he is able to use both gears at the same time which he uses to defeat Gekko Moriah. The Gear Third technique is first hinted at during Luffy's fight with Blueno, and first used, but not shown when Luffy is chasing Rob Lucci and Spandam, but is not seen until a later battle with Rob Lucci.

After the timeskip, Luffy's Gear Third is vastly improved upon. Previously, Gear Third would increase the size of the majority of Luffy's arm, thus reducing the speed of the attack in exchange for a powerful impact. However post-timeskip Luffy can seemingly control where the air is allowed to "sit" within his limbs, where his fist becomes large but allows a large mass to form behind the fist as the equivalent of the mass he would have achieved having his arm fully inflated. This allows a majority of Luffy's arm to remain as it is, allowing him to stretch it, thus allowing him to attack much faster than before the two-year absence.

Luffy is also shown capable of using Gear Third at the same time as Busoshoku Haki, causing his arm to turn black and harden, with his arm in the ocean (which would normally drain a Devil Fruit user of their power). While he is still affected by the ocean, he lands a punch which knocks an attacking Kraken out on the way to Fishman Island. Luffy is confirmed to have overcome his weakness of shrinking when deactivating this Gear, after inflating both his arms and using "Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gatling" on Noah for a prolonged period of time and not turning into his chibi form.

Gear Fourth (ギア4フォース Gia Fōsu) is a technique which Luffy developed during the time skip when he fought giant creatures on Rusukaina. He first coats his arm in Busoshoku Haki and then bites into his forearm. Similar to how he activates Gear Third, he blows an incredible amount of air into his body, but this time he inflates his muscular structure.[37]

In this form, his body's proportions become warped and is much larger in size, with his arms, upper torso, and legs coated in Busoshoku Haki. The coating across his torso resemble the wispy ends made from flames, and he also gains shading around the inner and outer edges of his eyes.[37]

As a side-effect he is incapable of standing still on the ground, and instead constantly bounces on the spot. His physical strength and speed are increased to the point where he is able to overwhelm Donquixote Doflamingo, whereas beforehand both Gear Second and Gear Third were ineffective in the fight.[37]
Back to top Go down
StrawHat

StrawHat

Money : 13916

Monkey D Luffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monkey D Luffy   Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanx

John Is God

Money : 14599

Monkey D Luffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monkey D Luffy   Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 pm

DAMN THAT IS THE BIGGEST APP I HAVE EVER SEEN Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://worthlessnobody.forumotion.com
Order

Order

Money : 14082

Monkey D Luffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monkey D Luffy   Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 10:24 am

up for sell again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monkey D Luffy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monkey D Luffy   Monkey D Luffy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monkey D Luffy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Dimensions :: Applications :: Character Applications for sell-
Jump to: